How To Setup FedEx Integrated Shipping In Cetec ERP
There are a number of things that need to be set up prior to integrating FedEx to work with Cetec ERP:
LNAME Data: Navigate to ADMIN » Maintenance » Data Maintenance » LNAME. Make sure that you have at least one row with the following data filled out: Location Name, Street Address, City, and Country (2 character code). If the country is the US, we also require Zip (code) and State. Lastly, notice that there is a unified column called City State Zip Code as well as discrete columns City, State, and Zip. Both sets of columns need to be filled out.
Navigate to ADMIN » Config Settings » Config Settings, type in ‘Freight’ in the name field, and click on Submit to search. Fill in the data provided by FedEx in following fields: Freight Carrier Account, Freight Carrier Key, Freight Carrier Meter, and Freight Carrier Password. Additionally, there are two config variables called FedEx Printer and FedEx Mode. For FedEx Printer, type in ‘ZPLII’ for printers that user ZPL/ZPLII code, and ‘EPL2’ for printers that user EPL code. FedEx Mode should be set to ‘TEST’ while testing and ‘LIVE’ after FedEx activates it (it is important to use all caps for both values).
Navigate to ADMIN » Maintenance » Data Maintenance » SHPCDE. Every row in the SHPCDE table that corresponds to a FedEx service type has to have the Freight Carrier select box set to FedEx, as well as have values selected for FedEx Service Type and FedEx Bill Type.
How To Use FedEx Integrated Shipping In Cetec ERP
Make sure that an order has a FedEx Ship Via method selected.
Navigate to the Invoice/Ship screen of an order.
Enter the dimensions of each package. Click on Add Another Package if you have more than one package.
- Click on Ship Packages to mark them as shipped. Upon clicking Ship Packages, Cetec order reference data will pass up to FedEx Web Services in real time, i.e. within the timespan of a single page load:
- Customer name
- Order ship-to address (this depends on properly formatted addresses in Cetec data, and correct ZipCode, etc. otherwise it will fail)
- Order number
- Customer PO number
- Any default Freight amount markup set in the Admin » Config Settings module (see config setting named “FedEx handling charge percent”). FedEx will handle these as additional handling charges. For example, if you input 20 in this config setting, Cetec will pass this up to FedEx WebServices via the “Ship Packages” button, and FedEx will accept that and mark it up for you automatically in the WebServices FedEx portal.
- Upon completion of the page load, Cetec ERP will retrieve and display the following automatically:
- Tracking number per individual package being shipped
- Shipping label for each shipment attached as a ‘document’ on the order/invoice (formats supported: ZPL, EPL, PDF - desired label template file format may be set in Config Settings as to by default what the label doc gets formatted as)
- Freight $ amount per package/line being shipped
- Total freight cost amount on the Cetec order/invoice (if Fedex_add_freight_to_order config is turned ON). Turning ON the config setting Fedex_Add_Freight_To_Order means that any supported FedEx ship method used on an order will auto-populated the Freight Cost field.
- Note: there is no real risk in printing an extra label; FedEx won’t charge your account until they actually pick up the physical shipment.