Open the Labor Plan for a BOM
- Go to PARTS » Views/Lists » List.
- Create a new BOM, or find a BOM that already exists, and click on it to open up the Part Record for the BOM.
- On the part record screen, scroll all the way down and click on the tab in the left side-nav labeled “Revisions”.
- Click on the link labeled Labor Plan.
Map out the router
- Add the work locations that the BOM will need to go through in production. This will form the Router for any order/job for the BOM.
Add work instructions to each stage in the router (optional)
- To add instructions at each work location in the router, click ‘Edit’ in the ‘# Operations’ column.
- Add an operation. Then, type in the work instruction step and click Update. These instructions will flow through to the work order displayed in production.
Add labor estimates for building the BOM (optional)
- To estimate labor for the entire BOM, scroll down and toggle the Total Labor Estimate field to “Use Total Labor Estimate”.
- To estimate labor at each work location in the router, click ‘Edit’ in the ‘# Operations’ column. Add an operation and enter # of times to perform the operation. This drives the estimated labor time.