BOM Breakdown is used when you are going to disassemble a BOM and only use the components.
- You can set up BOM breakdown at the part level or the receipt level. This will depend on whether or not you want it to break down as you receive it or you want it to be broken down after the receipt has been created.
- First you will need to navigate to a part record. If you want it to break down every time you receive the part go to the edit screen. Scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see the Break Down at Receipt? dropdown. You will want to select yes if you want it to break down at receipt.
- If you just want to break down an individual receipt you will go to a part record and then go to a bin. Click edit and you will see a BOM breakdown button. Click that and it will take you to a screen where you can decide what you want to break down.
- You can validate the qty and cost to put back into stock of each component and set a reason code. It may help to create a separate reason code just for BOM breakdown.
- This will inventory adjust out the qty of the BOM and add in the qty of the components with the comments/reason code in the inventory adjustment.