- An admin user will need to enable the configuration setting New Part Number Suggestion by setting it to 1.
- After enabling the configuration setting New Part Number Suggestion, locate the Config Settings dropdown menu on the Admin page and select Formats (Serials, etc.). Scroll down until you see the third heading, Part Format. Here, you can input “keywords” to act as masks for the part number.
Under the Part Format header, you can view the list of acceptable keywords. Here are your options:
- CUSTNUM (only used if available on the Quote)
- CUSTOMER_ID (only used if available on the Quote)
- PART_ID (the next part ID available. Can be modified with parenthesis and a number to specify digits, e.g. PART_ID(4). not guaranteed to be unique based on the delay between request and part creation! )
- DAYOFYEAR (day number in the current calendar year, e.g. 32 for Feb 1. Can be modified with parenthesis and a number to specify digits, e.g. DAYOFYEAR(3) )
- 2DIGITYEAR (last 2 digits of the current calendar year number, e.g. 19 for 2019)
- YEAR (current calendar year number, e.g. 2019)
- WEEKNUMBER (current calendar week number)
- 2DIGITWEEKNUMBER (current calendar week number, with a leading 0 if needed)
Lets take a look at an example. An admin user has selected the keywords CUSTOMER_ID - QUOTE_ID - PART_ID - YEAR. A sales user then opens a new quote, Quote 134. They input Customer ABC Manufacturing, whose cust ID is 156. Next, they added a quote line and simply hit the Down Arrow on the Prcpart field. Now the PRC field will suggest a new part number using the established keyword format to create the next incrementing part number. In this case, that part number is: PRC 156 - 134 - 4211 - 2023.