Cetec ERP Release 4.13
We are very excited to announce that Cetec ERP 4.13 has been released to BETA!
Cetec ERP 4.13 will be rolled out to LIVE cloud environments in February 2024. We are looking forward to seeing our customers take advantage of the number of new features in Cetec ERP 4.13, all geared to make daily tasks simpler and teams more efficient!
Major new features:
Order “Place Hold” now shows additional “hold types” allowing you to expand the impact of an order hold.
- Set Hold Type of “Allocation” to block the order as valid demand in the supply/demand allocations driving MRP, material forecast (i.e. waterfall), shortage/lateness reporting.
- Set Hold Type of “Production” to block tracking of time on a work order.
- Hold Type of “Invoicing” will be forced on by default as minimum level hold; this blocks complete/receiving or ship/invoicing a work order.
Behavior change regarding ‘leadtime unit’ configuration setting; action may be required!
- If your config setting titled ‘leadtime unit’ is currently blank, Cetec may register your default leadtime as “weeks”. It is now required that this be explicitly set to either 1 or 2. (1 represents weeks and 2 represents days.)
- If you leave this config setting set at 0 or blank, then your leadtime will failover to default to “days” from this release onward.
- If your default lead time for parts is already at days or desired to be at days, no action is required. If your leadtime unit is already set to ‘1’ (for weeks) and you’d like it to stay that way, no action is required.
New Custom Incoming Inspections Rules
- Cetec ERP now allows you to customize incoming inspection sign-off and workflow stages. To turn on this feature by default, set the config setting “Use New Incoming Inspections Module” to 1.
- First, create your workflow stages by navigating to Admin>Maintenance>Data Maintenance>WorkflowStage. Use the Object Type - IncomingInspection.
- Next, navigate to the Custom Form Builder - Admin>Maintenance>Custom Form Builder>Click Create. Use Object Type IncomingInspection. Add as many forms as you’d like. Create them for all parts, specific parts, specific prcparts, etc. If you require a field on your custom form, then that field must have an input value in order to sign off on that workflow stage.
- Finally, navigate to Admin>Maintenance>Incoming Inspection Rules. Create Rules based on vendors, prcparts, prcs, or leave both fields blank to have a generic rule for all prcparts. Assign your custom forms to each workflow stage on the incoming inspection form.
- When you’re ready to receive parts, your incoming inspection will now include your workflow stages and each custom form assigned to the workflow stages.
- Access to Quote, Order, Invoice, RMA, Forecast, Lead, Opportunity modules will now require either the Sales role, Supervisor role, Manager role, or Admin role.
- Access to the PQuote module will require the Purchasing role, Supervisor role, Manager role, or Admin role.
New BOM Overview Screen
- The new version of the BOM Overview screen is now available, and can be accessed on the BOM overview page via the ‘New Version’ link. Changes and upgrades include: new, more dynamic BOM tree that allows you to collapse subassemblies, navigate more easily, and zoom in/out; much faster loading of the component list with rearrangeable columns.
Other new features:
There is a new config setting called “Allow Inventory Preallocation” which will allow inventory and PO lines to be “pre-allocated” to specific customers or order lines (work orders). Once turned on, users can choose to ‘Reserve/Allocate’ qty on a PQuote or PO line, or in a specific bin for existing inventory, and designate that inventory to a specific customer or work order, meaning it cannot be allocated or used anywhere else. To learn more about this feature visit these articles here and here.
APIs (DELETE, POST, and GET methods) for Non-Conformance Report objects are now supported.
Total foreign currency shows on ledger (if foreign display currency is chosen)
Uninvoicing FIFO bins (that were previously fully relieved down to zero) now retain their original receipt ID and lot/bin-level meta data.
Hide/Show columns have been added to the BOM compare screen; additionally, reference designator column was added to the BOM compare screen.
Preferred MFG has been added to the order temp BOM screen and permanent BOM revision screen.
Two-Factor Authentication information now displays on user profile showing “Add 2FA” or “Already Signed Up”.
Multi-company enhancement: there is now a new field on the customer record that allows you to tie a subsidiary location to the customer record to tie a customer to a specific site/location (i.e. LNAME). This has been added to relevant Customer and AR lists and dashboard widgets for subsidiary customer accounts.
New support for “non-cancelable / non-returnable” sales transactions. There is now an “NCNR” flag you can set via the Part » Edit screen. Setting the NCNR flag on a part record will default the flag being set on quote lines, BOM worksheets (for quoting), the Production Order list, PQuotes/POs, and PQuote/PO list.
Note styling/formatting now supports HTML line breaks and URLs/links inside of Note content and on Notes List.
Skid labels may now be set with a customer-specific override format; see Customer » Custom Documents » Skid Label and Skid Packing Slip.
Work order pick lists (pick parts screen and pick list PDF) will now highlight the Qty Need field in red if the quantity of material needed is greater than what is available and/or picked.
Previously the Order material (shortage/late) report only showed the Qty Need driving the shortage/lateness signal. Now, the Order material report also shows columns for the delta/gap quantity of material that is short of what is needed (Qty Short), in addition to the Supply Qty (i.e. what qty of material is on its way incoming on a PO if a supply signal is detected).
There is now a new field inside the LNAME data maintenance table which enables you to force taxable status on PQuotes; thus, PQuote lines set under such a warehouse location/site will require tax.
There is now a new sales order Bookings List filter called “Qty Change Delta” which allows you to filter for the value in the difference between the new and old qty, or the change between the two. The user can set a From and To to define a value range, and this will filter the bookings to only show entries where the difference between the new and old qty is within this range.
A new “Security by Role” configuration setting called “Can Override Workflow Assignment” allows you to choose which user roles have permission to change the workflow assignment when it is not assigned to them. Previously, this behavior was restricted to Admin and Manager users only.
The new version (react.js based) of the Lead module is now available. This can be accessed via the ‘New Version’ link of the lead module, or through the new version of the Lead list.
There is now a search filter for Vendor on the check register list.
You can now set Prod Only users default homepage to the “Homescreen Bulletin” - they won’t have access to any dashboard widgets, and can only see the company bulletin.