Small/medium distributors and kitting operations need a simple cloud system for sales and quoting, commissions tracking, order fulfillment, cloud inventory control, mobile warehousing, EDI, shipping, and integrated financial accounting.
Success Story: Qualtek USA
Qualtek Electronics Corp., est. in 1980, is a leading wholesale distributor and manufacturer of fan accessories, power supplies, and heat shrink products. With a global network of manufacturers representatives, authorized stocking distributors, and engineering resources, Qualtek is known for low cost products and quick turn-around.
In 2015, Qualtek saw an opportunity to gain competitive advantage by building a system to help them customize labels, barcodes, and packing slips including 1D, 2D, and QR barcodes. For Qualtek, this represented an opportuntity to overhaul their business software infrastructure and implement a modern system that could more nimbly and affordable meet increasingly demanding requirements from global distribution corporations.
“Cetec ERP is an unbelievable value; the system does everything we need. ”
- RJ Nuti, Engineer and ERP Project Manager at Qualtek USA
Why did Cetec ERP make sense for a company in Wholesale Distribution?
Qualtek USA ran their business on a robust but aging ERP infrastructure that was customized to fit their needs as an electronics manufacturer and distributor. Qualtek needed a system that could adapt well to the critical processes that had driven the business for over three decades, without incurring heavy upfront software cost.
Qualtek USA came to Cetec ERP with the following wish list (and found a perfect fit):
- Fully cloud hosted model (no third party)
- Quoting module & one-click order entry
- Automated drop ship order management
- MRP & Automated Purchasing
- Inventory projections & forecasting
- Warehouse management and bin location barcoding
- Product barcoding and labeling
- PO receipt barcoding and labeling
- Fully mobile warehousing setup
- Picking parts and kitting from mobile tablets
- Label printing directly from ERP within web browser
- Ability to customize packing slips (including custom barcodes) to meet requirements of larger customers
- Integrated EDI capabilities
- Unified GAAP compliant accounting system, real time integration to built-in P&L, Balance Sheet, General Ledger
- Streamlined A/R, A/P, and reconcile processes
- Optional configuration between Average Costing and Actual (FIFO) Costing methodologies
- Document control and ISO 9001 management
“We also had quite a few special requests, and they were able to quickly provide a solution that went above and beyond our needs. They care about what they do, and as a result customers end up with a good product.”
Qualtek USA Project Success and Cloud ERP Benefits
The Cetec ERP team worked with Qualtek for one month to migrate data into the Qualtek cloud test instance, setup EDI configurations, and train the Qualtek team in preparation for the launch. Qualtek USA implemented Cetec ERP in the cloud without missing a single day of customer shipments.
“Implementation was fast. Cetec ERP was able to help transition our team from a very old system to the new web-based model without significant disruption to our operations.”
Qualtek successfully achieved their software goals, which included a simpler way to access business critical data without a developer or data expert, more affordable ongoing software maintenance and customization, and modernized platform and path for internal systems into the future.